Q: How do Spring Health accounts work when children turn 18?
A: When a child with a managed dependent account turns 18, their account will transition to an adult account. This transition empowers the 18-year-old to independently manage their account, including scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling appointments.
Once they turn 18, they can also expect the following:
- Adult accounts offer expanded care options, such as medication management and coaching. As the account transitions, here's what the 18-year-old can expect:
- Access to reset their password and security settings within their Spring Health account.
- A possible prompt to take an adult assessment.
- Billing information sent to their registered email.
- Continued availability of sponsored sessions from the minor account, without reset.
- Transfer of insurance information from the minor to the adult account.
For the guardian:
- Access to their 18-year-old's account will no longer be available through the Manage Dependents or Parent Dashboard screens.
- The 18-year-old dependent will use their own username and password to log in directly.
- The guardian will have the option to continue being responsible for payments, etc.
We understand that this transition marks a significant change for both the 18-year-old and their guardian. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please feel free to reach out to us. We're here to help make this transition as smooth as possible for you and your family.