Q: How can I request a copy of my medical records for myself or a third party (medical provider, court, parent, spouse, school, insurance, etc.)?
A: To request a copy of your medical records, please follow these steps:
1. Provide our Care team with the necessary details of the request, such as the recipient and the purpose of the request, via springhealth.com/support or fax (833) 885-0567.
2. We'll send you a Release of Information (ROI) form and easy-to-follow instructions for filling it out. (Note: ROI is required if you want your medical information to be shared– this goes for you or a third party and grants Spring Health permission to send your records securely. )
3. Once you've completed the form, it'll be uploaded to your patient chart.
4. We will then securely email or fax your medical records to the points of contact specified on your ROI form.
Kindly note that processing a request for medical records can take 5-7 business days. Please be aware that Spring Health can only send your medical records via secure email or fax, as physical mail is not an option.
Q: Does Spring Health assist with filing for Disability/FMLA/Leave of Absence?
A: Filing for a leave of absence is an important decision, and we recommend discussing it with a mental health provider first. Here's some information to guide you through the process:
Many Spring Health providers, but not all, complete paperwork for disability/FMLA/leave of absence.
If you have an appointment with a Spring Health physician/therapist, we recommend discussing the decision with them and asking if they can support you by completing the necessary paperwork. If your provider agrees, submit a request explaining your case and the required paperwork. Attach a copy of your disability/leave paperwork to the ticket or fax it to Spring Health at (833) 885-0567. Our Care Team will guide you through the next steps.
If you're not seeing a Spring Health provider or your provider declines the request for paperwork, submit a request at springhealth.com/support, live chat, or call (855) 629-0554 and select option 3 for assistance in finding an appropriate provider. Mention your need for a provider to assist with a disability/leave request. To expedite the process, please include your paperwork in your initial request or fax it to (833) 885-0567.
- Providers must evaluate your case before completing any paperwork. Your provider may require at least two appointments before completing the paperwork.
- A Spring provider completing your paperwork doesn't guarantee approval, as your leave of absence department will review and decide on your case.
- The process can take 10-14 business days, so respond to Care Team outreach promptly to avoid delays.
- A Release of Information (ROI) is necessary to grant Spring Health permission to send your records to you or another party securely. To learn more about that process, see our article 'How can I request a copy of my medical records for myself or a third party (medical provider, court, parent, spouse, school, insurance, etc.)?'
We're here to support you throughout this process and help prioritize your well-being. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our Care Team at springhealth.com/support.